Here's a beautiful Autumn dessert that will tickle your tongue and warm your tummy. Two superfoods — pomegranate and almonds — work together to create a satisfying dessert for four. Pomegranates are a good source of fiber, help regulate your cholesterol, prevent arthritis, and protect your skin
• 3 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
• 1 pomegranate, skin and light-colored membrane removed
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds, optional
• 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
Directions: Place the sliced pears and pomegranate seeds into a bowl. Toss with lemon juice to coat. Combine the nutmeg and cinnamon in a small cup or bowl, then mix into the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to blend the flavors. Serve in individual dishes, and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped almonds and a sprig of mint.
If it's a chilly day, remove from the refrigerator and place in the oven at 250 degrees for 10 minutes before serving.