Did you know the Digestive System is known as your Second Brain? It has so many nerve endings, organs and hormones that it is in close competition with the brain in terms of importance for survival and optimal health.
Don’t be mad at your belly when it hurts.
In this impatient, fast paced world we live in, it can be most inconvenient to have a belly ache. If you have one frequently, you may even be diagnosed with IBS (irritable nbowel syndrome). The term sounds official, and scary, and something out of your control.
It always helps to have a healthy energy source when you're on a long bike ride. Making your own ensures you won't have low nutrient fillers and additives - just pure foods.
Try these yummy bars
- 3 bananas
- 1/2-1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 cups whole oats
- 1 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Salt to taste and to top with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- Combine bananas, maple syrup and almond butter in a food processor until smooth
- In a separate large bowl combine oats, almonds, cereal, ginger and cinnamon.
- Combine the banana mixture and oat mixture. Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and non stick spray. Spread mixture evenly and top with a sprinkle of sea salt
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350
- Let cool for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Cut ,wrap up and take on the road. Note: these will keep fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Carry in a cooler.