Why is food such a big deal?
Food is a constant in our lives. What is problematic is we may eat too much of it, or eat the wrong foods for our body. So how do we fix the problem?
Recognize your pain points
- Is weight a struggle for you?
- Do you have a chronic illness?
- Do you have a host of minor illnesses - reddish skin, GERD, high blood pressure, etc
- Are you constantly dragging yourself around, never feeling energized?
- Are you irritable, anxious or depressed?
Respect the power of food
- Every 35 days, your skin replaces itself
- Your liver, in about a month
- Your body makes these new cells from the food you eat
- What you eat literally Becomes You
NOW, 7 Steps to success
- Choose simple whole foods, that is.
- Vegetables, fruits, beans, lentils, whole grains, pasture raised eggs and meat with no added hormones or antibiotics, nuts, seeds, clean water
- Notice how your body feels when you eat any food. Simple foods are good foods, but not always for everyone
- Eat enough but not too much
- Eat breakfast every day
- Relax when you eat and chew your food thoroughly
- Move every day for 20-30 minutes
If all 7 steps are too many for you, choose 2 or 3 or 4 to start with and build from there. This is the holistic nutrition approach to changing your health.
The Elephant in the Room
Maybe you know all this already but can’t seem to get any traction on making successful changes. There may be an elephant in the room. Yours may be a highly stressful life. It may be loneliness. Or an unsatisfying job. Or another person who is draining you.
This is why getting your food right is so important. When you have your food right you have more clarity and more energy to see what’s troubling you in your life and take steps to correct it.
Consults and Programs
There are many things in life we can't do alone. If you need help to figure it all out so you can feel better, schedule a complimentary consultation with me by phone or in person or check out the various programs we can use to begin working together right now.