It always helps to have a healthy energy source when you're on a long bike ride. Making your own ensures you won't have low nutrient fillers and additives - just pure foods.
Try these yummy bars
- 3 bananas
- 1/2-1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 cups whole oats
- 1 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Salt to taste and to top with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- Combine bananas, maple syrup and almond butter in a food processor until smooth
- In a separate large bowl combine oats, almonds, cereal, ginger and cinnamon.
- Combine the banana mixture and oat mixture. Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and non stick spray. Spread mixture evenly and top with a sprinkle of sea salt
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350
- Let cool for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Cut ,wrap up and take on the road. Note: these will keep fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Carry in a cooler.