The US National Dairy Council would have you believe that if you don't drink milk your bones will crumble.
What they fail to mention is there are several non-dairy foods that are calcium-rich and super good for you.
Calcium Rich Non-Dairy Foods
- Dark green vegetables such as broccoli, collard greens and bok choy
- Calcium-fortified juices and soyand rice milk
- Black-eyed peas
- Blackstrap molasses
- Poppy seeds and sesame seeds
- Parsley (3 times as much as the equivalent amount of milk)
- Canned sardines and canned salmon
Add the ones you like to your plate and feel confident that dairy is not the only answer.