I’ve been teaching simple ways of eating well and staying well since I opened my practice in 1998. During that time we’ve seen Atkins, South Beach, Gluten Free, Paleo, and probably a few more new “diets” that promise remarkable weight loss and improved health. We’ve learned about superfoods like kale, pomegranate, and goji berries.
If you want to know the secret to eating well and being well, here it is: eat a variety of simple whole seasonal foods that satisfy your hunger and give you the energy you need.
When I say this I think of my client Mary who had been eating a diet of take-out and was overweight and tired all the time. After a few months of eating well she said to me” I always thought that bloating after eating was normal - since I’ve been eating well the bloating is gone!”
I’m passionate about helping people learn to eat well for many reasons. It all started when I was in my late 40s and had a few health issues creep into my life - elevated triglycerides and cholesterol and inflamed gums. Not serious necessarily in the beginning, but I know now disease doesn’t happen overnight - it’s a long process of signs and symptoms before real illness occurs. I was at the point where doctors often intervene with prescription medications to lower those early warning signs. But when I looked at the long list of potential side effects I decided I needed to get at the cause of my elevated numbers and find a non-prescription way to get those numbers down.
Food Is Powerful Medicine
I found it with food. You see, I had been a sweet eater and a white flour eater. Cookies, candy, bagels and bread - they were all a part of my daily diet. Along with the poor diet my former career was pretty stressful. I don’t know about you, but for me, a way I managed my stress was with a cookie or a dish of ice cream. Daily.
What changes did I make in my food? I switched to eating organic fruits - after discovering the hives I got in my mouth from fruit was actually caused by the pesticides that were sprayed on them, not from the fruit. Once I started eating fruits on a regular basis, I no longer craved the sugary treats. I added simple whole grains like brown rice and quinoa to my plate and within 6 months my numbers dropped back into the normal range. I was astonished.
So that’s why I want to help you. Here I am many years later with great numbers, stable weight and lots of energy. I want that for you too.
THIS PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF…
- you want to loose or gain weight
- you are confused about what to eat
- you don’t know how to cook
- you have gas, bloating or constipation
- you have acne and skin brake outs
- you eat healthy but still can’t loose weight
- you have low energy
- you have strong cravings
- you struggle with emotional or binge eating
- you have unrestful sleep and wake up tired
- you feel stressed and anxious
- you feel disconnected
- you consider yourself healthy but you want improvement
- you need guidance, accountability and support to get where you want to be
- you are committed to making the food and lifestyle changes needed to reach your goals
- you understand that food and lifestyle have a significant role on your health
- you realise that health should be one of your top priorities
- you are ready to create a realistic and long-lasting healthy lifestyle
AS A CLIENT OF THIS PROGRAM YOU WILL…
- set and accomplish goals
- achieve and learn how to maintain your ideal weight
- terminate your digestive issues, constipation and bloating
- understand and reduce your cravings
- have clear and glowing skin, stronger nails and hair
- learn how to properly nourish your body
- understand and listen to your body
- look and feel great
- learn about new foods and how to incorporate them
- feel confident in choosing healthy food
- have fun in the kitchen as you prepare delicious recipes
- brake free from eating the same foods out of habit and addiction
- increase your energy levels
- improve your sleep quality
- experience less stress, worry and anxiety
- find your own healthy balance
- discover the confidence to create the life you want
- experience vibrant health and happiness
Change Is All About Starting
Often the hardest part of change is starting. You need to think of a reason why it’s worth changing. Is it your health, your appearance, your chance to be active and have fun, or maybe it’s to set a good example for your children or your spouse or your grandchildren. Whatever it is, use that as your impetus for getting going.
For a first step, make one simple change. If you eat cookies at night, have a piece of fruit instead. If you eat take-out every day at work, cut back to 3 days a week. If you like apples, eat an organic apple instead of a conventional one. Each and every step you take in changing your food for the better will improve your health in some way.
If you like what you read here, share it with your friends.